Gourmet Salt Tile with Stainless Steel Tray
Gourmet Himalayan Salt Tiles can be used in many different ways. They can be used as a serving tray for sushi, cheese, butter, chocolates, or even ice cream. They can be heated up and used as a cooking plate on the grill or stove. The salt adds a savory taste to meats, fish, or fresh veggies.
- To use as a skillet, heat the block for about an hour before cooking.
- Low Heat: 20 min.
- Medium Heat: 20 min.
- High Heat: 20 min.
- Sprinkle water on top of the block. If it sizzles, it is ready for cooking.
- Cooking on the same side of the salt tile will help to keep cracks from forming.
- For serving ice cream, place the block in the freezer for an hour before use.
- Moisten your salt block with a damp sponge after every use and scrub stubborn areas with a soft brush or scouring pad.
- Never submerge the block in water, put it in a dishwasher, or use soap on it, as this can cause damage to the plate’s sensitive surface. The salt is naturally antimicrobial, so no soap or detergent is needed.
- Gently pat it dry with a clean cloth and let it dry for 24 hours before cooking on it again.